Monday, April 9, 2007

"Fashion" in the Workplace

This morning while walking into work, I couldn't help but notice the young man a couple steps ahead of me. To start, he wore faded, mossy green khakis. Awful color. But to make matters worse, the pants were two inches too short (my biggest clothing pet peeve). With every stride, his pant leg rose above his ankle, only to reveal WHITE socks. Highwaters with white socks...I see it daily!

Then at lunch, I saw three men sporting the navy blue/black color combination. Navy trousers, black belt, black socks. Ugh, I can spot that a mile away! It's not just the men, either. Just the other day, I was behind a woman in line for the ATM with ratted 80's hair. Seriously. She must have spent a good 20 minutes with the comb and the hairspray. Every which way you look, there's an array of quilted sweaters decked out with pine trees, hearts, American flags and other cheesy patterns that would be perfect to borrow next time someone throws an "ugly sweater party."

No comments: