Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Mortifying Mother Moment

My mom is not shy. She'll literally talk your ear off, if you let her. When I was a junior in college, I went to Best Buy with her one summer afternoon. We went our separate ways in the music aisle. After about 20 minutes of browsing the CD's, I looked up to hear my mom cry out, "Oh! There she is!"

To my horror, she stood beside a guy I'd had a crush on since high school. He happened to be working and unfortunately for me, he'd approached my mom to ask if she needed help finding anything, to which she replied, "I'm looking for my daughter."

He laughed as he re-hashed the story for me, looking cute in his Best Buy uniform, and said, "I thought I was looking for a little girl," gesturing to the height of a 4-year-old. I guess I should be relieved they didn't announce a code red for all employees to be on the look-out.

Many more of these to come...

No comments: