Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bumps in the Road

I know I've been saying this for a while now, and yet I continue to feel like my relationship with TheGuy is at a standstill. The baby steps can be disheartening at times. Especially when you learn Buzzkill Biatch is moving halfway across the country with some dude she's been dating a month and claims to have "never felt this way about a guy before." Part of me wants to abandon ship and get out before I'm in any deeper but another part of me figures I've waited it out this long, what's another few months? I'm sure I will take the more passive route (that's how I do) by staying with him to see if any stronger feelings develop, but I don't know if that will happen.

Last night we got dinner and went to The Wild hockey game. While it was one of the better dates we've had -- conversation-wise, it still wasn't anything amazing. Maybe my expectations are too high. Maybe I'm searching for a reason to sabotage things before they get too serious and one (or both) of us gets too hurt. Maybe he's just not the right guy for me. Maybe I'm much too cynical for my own good. It could be all of the above or any number of things.
I will say that our level of comfort has changed for the better. Before he went home last night, we watched a couple episodes of The Office and engaged in some playful fighting on the couch which surprisingly, we've never done. It was by far our most light-hearted moment yet. I've noticed that I catch him staring at me a lot lately. I don't know whether he's about to say something and then changes his mind, or if he's trying to come up with something to say, or whether he's simply just looking at me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He wants to tell you he loves you! When you find that head over heals, can't live without you feeling, it'll be fun, for a while. At least that's how I am. Then it fades and I have the type of relationship you are having right now. Except I signed a contract! And there's more nagging and comprimising involved. And chking in. Sometimes I feel it's like living with my parents all over again. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE him, but I think you know what I'm say'n.

Anonymous said...

chking = checking