Thursday, December 13, 2007

Do You Accept Cash?

Yes, I'm behind on posts. Apologies, I've had a lot going on and not enough time to blog!

GC, Lo, and myself went out to our favorite bar Friday night. Later on, we stumbled to the bar across the street to meet up with some friends of a friend. I bumped into one of TheGuy's high school friends so we caught up and I mentioned their upcoming Vegas trip for their friend's bachelor party. They will surely make our Vegas bachelorette party seem tame.

I was having fun at the bar but I couldn't ignore my growling tummy. Around 1:30 am, C-Sharp met up with us so I told him Lo and I needed replenishment. After saying goodbye to GC and friends, we stepped outside in the bitter cold. Seeing as how we were about ten minutes shy of bar close, no cabs were in the vicinity. Good thing C-Sharp is resourceful. He hailed a silver limo in our direction, saying to the driver, "Do you accept cash?" It was the first (and probably last) time I took a limo home from the bar. Knowing C-Sharp, he pre-paid the driver with a hondo to return and pick him up the following morning but the guy's business card got lost in my couch cushions along with all his loose change.

If I'm ever hired to teach non-native speakers the English language, day one will be spent perfecting the phrase "do you accept cash?"

I made the drunk dial to Pizza Lucé at 2:06 am. Pizza arrived 2:25 am. How did they even have time to cook the pizza? They must have magical ovens! Thank you Pizza Luce for your immediate response. And for your delicious garlic cheese bread. During the excruciating 19 minute wait, my coffee table turned stoner buffet was filled with tortilla chips, a giant bowl of salsa, cheese dip, and a freshly opened bag of kettle chips. Does life get any better than this? Oh yes, it does -- when you're in Vegas! Tomorrow at this time I'll be leaving on a jet plane!!

2 comments:

Milwaukee Girl said...

Hope you're having a blast in Vegas!!

Michelle said...

OMG! I didn't know there is a Pizza Luce in St. Paul now. I am so getting that tomorrow night!