Monday, November 5, 2007

You Get What You Pay For

Bored again so I went back to highlights. Even though it's risky, it's easy to go to the Aveda Institute and get some student at random and pay a measly $30 for a partial foil. It looks ok - what you would expect for that price. As the girl showed me the finished product, she said, "It gives your hair dimension." Well yeah, kinda!

We'll see how long this lasts before ADD kicks in. I really need to find a regular hair stylist for color. I'm constantly asking my friends for recommendations. What I really need to do is ask everyone, ask how much they pay, and take location and all these factors into consideration. I don't know why it is, but I'm scared to commit to a hair stylist. Trusting someone with your hair is a big deal. At least the instructors will fix anything that goes wrong at Aveda.

Insignificant Weekend Happenings

Last spring I left my wallet in a cab so I called the following day to see if anything had been turned in from the previous night. No such luck. Or so I was told. Last week I received a letter in the mail from the cab company saying my wallet had been in the Lost and Found for the past thirty days and that they would discard of it if they didn't hear from me within ten days. When I called to claim it, I was told the office was open 'til 4 pm so I left work early on Friday to pick it up. I got there around 3:40 but they had already shut down for the day. I hate when shit like that happens.

I watched the movie Reign Over Me (that serious Adam Sandler one) this weekend and disliked every minute of it. I usually like depressing movies but this was just plain excruciating to watch. At the end, GC said, "I thought this was supposed to be a good movie."

My friends, undoubtedly sick of me exploiting them and annoyed with my biased viewpoint, are threatening to start their own blogs. Now that would be interesting!

I got drunk way too early and way too quickly.

In a much overdue vist, I took my filthy car to The Downtowner where they wash the outside AND inside of your car for $13. Worth every penny.

7 is the number of light bulbs I've had to replace every time Marley gets upset and knocks over the living room lamp when I'm not paying attention to him.

1 comment:

MD said...

I HOPE YOUR FRIENDS START BLOGS. Id like to see their point of views regarding your club behavior. I imagine lots of pics of you passed out in bathroom stalls.