Thursday, September 13, 2007

Chip Me

So I just called and ordered my microchip for the marathon. We were given the option to purchase one last spring when I registered, but I hesitated to pitch in the additional $38 in case I failed to train or backed out. Participants are required to use a properly functioning chip so as to accurately record one's time, with the posted results available online after the race.

I should be receiving an information packet in the mail any day now that I will need to bring to the Target Health & Fitness Expo on October 5 &6 (race is the 7th), the final step in race registration. While browsing the Twin Cities Marathon website, I learned all finishers receive a t-shirt and medal. I know it's totally dorky of me, but I am excited for the medal. I mean seriously, when was the last time I received one of those? Not since junior high soccer...

4 comments:

MD said...

How timely!

I'll eventually blog about it, but I won a trophy today. My team did to be exact.

I rule you.

Anonymous said...

Microchip! You've hit the big times now! The marathon medal is cherished, events only give them to you if you actually finish. They ususally give you 6hrs to cross though, and I hear a lot of people limp along to the bitter end trying to get that brass.

At the Disney World marathon in Florida they have different characters for 3 different races, a marathon, half marathon, and five miler. They run them at different times, so some people go for the trifecta and get all three of them. You should try that next year! :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, so THIS is how I leave a message. Sweet. After reading this I am feeling a bit guilty for mixing chocolate chips, penut butter,and butter into a bow, microwaving it, and then eating it with a spoon. My bad. And no gym. BAD. Horay for you!!!

MD said...

KIM: Try adding Marshmellows and rice Krispies to that!