Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Marley & Me

Seriously, could he be any cuter??? He's no puppy, but he's pretty damn cute for a kitty! I love his facial features best. My friend determined his face looks like a mouse and he's right -- just look at those huge ears and white mouth. I like how his pink, tiny triangle nose is outlined in black.

He's been a lot of fun to have around. He's most rambunctious in the morning so I always feel bad leaving him for 8+ hours to go to work, but what can ya do? Nonetheless, he does a good job of keeping himself entertained with his wide variety of toys. What's the point of having a pet if you can't spoil him/her? The sparkly ball in this picture is his favorite. I've never seen a cat chase a ball as much as he does! My friend taught her smart feline to fetch. Perhaps Marley can learn the same -- he'd never tire of that game!

I scheduled his first vet appointment for Friday so he can get a check-up and round of shots. I think he'll do okay at the vet because he's rather bold for a 12-week-old kitten. He's not the least bit shy of humans, but naturally, he does get scared by loud noises.

I believe he tried sleeping beside me last night, but I was tossing and turning so I think he may have slept under the bed. He emerged from my bedroom this morning, but I'm unsure of exactly where he came from.

Oddly enough, he likes to lick the bottom of feet. He also enjoys attacking the glass image of himself in mirrors. Another of his favorite pasttimes is watching TV. Earlier tonight, I caught him intently watching Everybody Loves Raymond (see above).

When he tuckers out from all his heavy activity, he looks like this:














7 comments:

Suneer said...

Hey...

I forgot to ask, what is your good name? *embarassed*

and, isn't Marley a second name, i.e. a surname, something like a Bob Marley? What about Marley's first name ;)

Suneer said...

he looks cute and alert!

wearingthepants said...

My good name?? My first name?

Yeah, I can call him Bob!

Suneer said...

yeah, I meant, ur first name...good name is just a way of addressing people in India

Bob's good :-)

Suneer said...

Teetotaller is someone who abstains from alcohol...
yeah, I do not booze.

Upma is an Indian dish, which many like, unfortunately I do not :-)
It is made of Semolina and some Indian spices.

Unknown said...

What a sweet looking kitty! I hope to meet him this weekend! He's a real cutie :)

wearingthepants said...

Thanks Susan! Hopefully he won't claw you, he just got me good.