Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Friendship is a Curious Thing

Do you ever wonder why your friends are friends with you? I can't imagine it's easy being a friend of mine. I'm aloof. My verbal communication skills are virtually non-existent -- just ask anyone who's attempted to confront me. It's not in my nature to be generous or compassionate. I suppose I can be funny at times, but only if you're into sarcasm and dry humor, bordering downright cruel. According to my own mother, "mean-spirited." If you consider that a positive trait, the only other attribute I can think of is I'm very easy-going. I'm up for anything whether it be clubbing or camping! Other than that, not sure what I bring to the table.

Seriously, why are you still friends with me?? I can't help but wonder...

6 comments:

MD said...

Hm. I wonder why no one's commented on this.

MD said...

Mean-spirited? I blame your parents!

MD said...

By the way, those qualities that you speak of with disdain, are pretty much the reason I keep coming back!

wearingthepants said...

Meh, I didn't post this so my friends would come to my defense. I'm proud of my mean-spirited nature. I just like to ponder what draws people to one another. As always, thanks for your comments though! :)

Unknown said...

You are my most generous, honest, real friend.

wearingthepants said...

Aww thanks Susan Alexis!! Did you see Tiger Woods named his daughter Sam Alexis?