Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Operation Bridesmaid Dress a Success

I never attended prom so I'd never tried on formal dresses before last weekend when a couple friends (one the bride-to-be) and I went bridesmaid dress shopping at The Wedding Shoppe in St. Paul. It was so much fun trying on all the dresses!

In the end, the beautiful dress the bride selected was one of the first we picked out. As a matter-of-fact, when she bought her wedding dress, it was the first she tried on. She's lucky in that regard! She'll be the most stunning bride -- her vintage-style dress is adorned with all this intricate beadwork. Exquisite.

The toughest part for her was probably selecting color -- for both the gown and sash. There was a deep brown (and similar dress) that looked fabulous next to her dress, but given that brown is a trendy color, I definitely think she made the right decision by going with black and a champagne-colored sash. My other friend and the bride's mom also brought up the fact that pictures of black and white weddings look gorgeous. Her wedding is going to be so elegant -- I can't wait!!

As an added bonus, the satin fabric feels very soft against your skin. So...if I pass out in my dress, it'll be like wearing comfortable pajamas!

Just look at the lovely bridesmaid dress...



Note: Not the best quality picture, I had to finnagle a few things. The sash is champagne, not ivory (not pictured).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sooooooooooooo pretty!