Friday, April 13, 2007

Sweatin' with the Oldies

What's up with all the old, sweaty, smelly guys following me around the club? That sums up Wednesday's workout. I felt claustrophobic on the treadmill, sandwiched between two of them, one being a really big guy. I'm constantly paranoid a drop of sweat is going to land on me or my machine and I am going to freak out. In addition to the sweat factor, I had to deal with a noise issue when lo and behold, the oh-so-reliable iPod stopped mid-workout. After I silently cursed it out, I was then forced to listen to the dude next to me gasp for air for the next twenty minutes. I need music to zone out and cancel any such noise distractions!



Fed up, I drove directly to Target afterwards and purchased the iPod shuffle. It's pink and tiny! I was concerned about owning two iPod's per one computer because I'd heard that caused problems in the past to prevent anti-piracy, but apparently it's no longer an issue. I made sure to Google it before I opened the package. It's more of an issue if there are two people sharing one computer, which is then best to set up separate user accounts on the computer. Otherwise, it said that all you have to do is create different playlists for each iPod. I'll continue to use the old P.O.S, just not for working out. It has been known to freeze once or twice when I've been adjusting the song, but eventually, I'll get around to replacing it.

No comments: