Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Notes on a Scandal

My all-time favorite movie is Closer, written as a play and adapted as a screenplay by Patrick Marber. Not until recently, did I realize he also did the adaptation for the film, Notes on a Scandal, based on the novel What was she Thinking? [Notes on a Scandal] A Novel by Zoe Heller. I remember going to the movie theatre, seeing the title of this film, having never heard of it. Much later, probably around Oscar time since it was nominated for 4 Oscars, including best actress (Judi Dench) and best supporting actress (Cate Blanchett) did I come across a description of the movie:

"A pottery teacher (Blanchett) enters into an affair with one of her students, causing upheaval in her personal and professional lives."

It came out on DVD yesterday so I went ahead and bought it. Perhaps a review will follow...

No comments: