Monday, April 30, 2007

Job Dissatisfaction

After two and a half years at this company, my boss, whom I've said a total of 20 words to, messaged me out of the blue to ask if I wanted to get a cup of coffee and discuss my job. Wow, that is pathetic on his part. Don't get me wrong, this is one of the things I actually like about my company. Not having to deal with bullshit performance reviews and pretending to care about my work. Funny thing is he actually mentioned doing this same thing around Christmas when he delivered my bonus, but never heard from him when it came time to set up a meeting.

A date is scheduled on my calendar for later this week so it should be interesting, seeing as how I'm way beyond faking satisfaction with my job. I refuse to muster enough energy to hide my discontent. It's likely that in response, I'll hear a trail of lies regarding "potential opportunities" he'll look into which means absolutely nothing. I guarantee I won't hear back from him. That's how things work at my company.

No comments: