Saturday, April 7, 2007

Career Envy

In high school, I had this delusion that when I got to college, everything would fall into place for me. I'd receive my degree, meet my husband and we'd both land terrific jobs after graduation. Well, it's been 4 years since I graduated college and I'm very dissatisfied career-wise. How many people are actually fortunate enough to do something they are truly passionate about? Off-hand, I can only recall one friend who is in the perfect field for her. It frustrates me to the point where it interferes with my desire to pursue writing. I wish it had the reverse effect so it would motivate me, not bring me down, but that's not the case. Using this blog as an outlet has definitely been helpful in the short amount of time I've had it, but it's surely not enough to compensate for my discontent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Write it out! No need to envy my career. More puke for Kim to try to clean up last Thursday. Umm...